Aspiring to Working Actors
Professional training for over 15 years!
Verve Studios is a comprehensive professional actor-training boutique studio located in the Scottsdale, Arizona Airpark and on Zoom.
Led by seasoned, degreed, working professional actors, Verve Studios offers ADULT and YOUTH students the mentorship, career guidance and foundational core training they need in order to be successful, working actors.
Featuring well-planned curriculum led by expert teachers and coaches, Verve Studios’ classes are suited to serious and open actors and are limited in size in order to give each student individual, tailored attention.
The training at Verve Studios focuses on both the craft and the business of acting and creates flexible, dynamic working actors, who respect and understand the process and one another.
The four courses in Acting Foundations covers every aspect of acting technique, including body, voice, text, emotions and application:
3. GET PERSONAL and
4. SCENE STUDY.
Taken together, these lay the foundation of your technique and provide a place and opportunity to build on that foundation.
Verve also offers Working Actor Classes designed to give you a well-rounded education and the ability to be successful in any medium. Designed to give the actor a leg-up in the market and be completely versed in all mediums, these classes are essential counterparts to the Acting Foundation Classes.
The Working Actor classes are:
From one day workouts to a school-year professional training program, Verve offers a robust YOUTH Acting program that fits every actor’s needs.
Verve’s YOUTH PROFESSIONAL TRAINING PROGRAM is comprehensive, ongoing training for young actors ages in Middle and High School. Meeting weekly during the school year, classes are by age and level. Starting in Level 1, Foundational technique is taught through script analysis, character development, improv, solo work and partnered scene work. It also is an introduction to Working Actor subjects and professional opportunities in the commercial, TV/Sitcom, film, theatre, TelePrompTer, and voice over fields. With a deeper understanding of technique, Levels 2-4 allow students to work on more complex characters, complicated scene work and the remaining Working Actor course work.
Verve’s WEEKEND WORKOUTS feature the full complement of the Foundation and Working Actor classes, but in an a la carte format. They are designed to enhance ongoing training as well as supplement for those not able to commit to a weekly class. They rotate through topics and content and will keep your skills in tip-top shape. Weekend workshops and workouts are available individually or in a package.
SUMMER CAMPS for youth include the Film Acting (full-day) and Camera Ready (half-day) camps.
GIRL SCOUT Badge Programs for Cadettes.
PRIVATE COACHING is available for those students who wish to prepare for an upcoming audition, or need individual attention. Focus can include: MONOLOGUES, AUDITION PREPARATION, TECHNIQUE and CAREER GUIDANCE AND DEVELOPMENT.
Private coaching is a great way for beginners to get aquainted with the studio in preparation for joining a group class or for seasoned actors to get customized feedback. All levels are welcome; ages 8 and up. IN STUDIO and on ZOOM.
Verve Studios offers TAPING SERVICES that are customizable to your needs.
Self-Taping/Audition Taping, Reader for Self-Taping/Virtual Auditions, Coaching, Demo Reel Taping, Demo Reel Editing, & Self-Tape Success Seminar.
All classes require pre-registration!
We are OPEN with safety measures still in place. Studio safety precautions (updated 9/1/21):
• All must be healthy and minimum 14-days Covid-19 free to enter in studio.
• Temperature check and sign in on the health affidavit at the door.
• All ADULTS 18 and over must be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 to participate in IN STUDIO classes, tapings and lessons. If medically unable to get vaccinated, weekly negative Covid test results must be provided.
• Covid-19 Vaccinations are open to ages 12 and up in AZ. We highly recommend getting vaccinated. https://podvaccine.azdhs.gov
• Everyone should wash their hands upon entering and exiting the studio.
• We are still physical distancing with seating.
• For FULLY VACCINATED students (2+ weeks post final dose), masks are recommended. The CDC is currently recommending them in indoor spaces for everyone.
• Unvaccinated students under 18 must mask when in the studio. They may unmask when performing, providing other students are distanced at the invitation of the instructor.
• Safety precautions will remain in place until community spread is nominal in Maricopa County.
****To create ART, people must feel SAFE. Getting vaccinated, if you are able, is something you can do to help the safety of our Verve community and the community at large. *****
We are monitoring CDC for safety recommendations and will continue mitigation until community transmission is no longer widespread in Maricopa County